Prayer for our nation
Ezekiel 22:30, “I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.”
We can be those who stand in the gap, who lift up our nation with all it favors and faults before the throne of God, and pray that He continues to work in our midst.
Pray these two over yourself again, that the Lord would help you continue to uphold your national leaders and learn how to bless and honour those in authority:
1) I Timothy 2:1-2 – I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
2) I Peter 2:17 – Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.
3) Romans 13:1 – Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
Then begin to cry out on behalf of our nation:
4) II Chronicles 7:14 – if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Pray this over our leaders:
For our leaders to find relationship with Jesus Christ and submit their lives and leadership to Him
5) Psalms 2:10-11 – Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth. Serve the LORD with fear and celebrate his rule with trembling.
For the right advisors to have an ear to the king
6) Proverbs 11:14 – For lack of guidance a nation falls, but victory is won through many advisers.
7) Proverbs 21:1 – The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; he turns it wherever he will.
Let greatness and enlargement and influence come from the Lord’s hand
8) Job 12:23-25 – He makes nations great, and destroys them; he enlarges nations, and disperses them.
Wisdom over their leadership
9) Proverbs 2:1-8 – My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding— indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God. 6) For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.
Continue to pray for the nation of Canada. It’s greatest days are ahead of her.